Ideas on How to Enjoy Life on Deer Creek Road:
- Drive slow. Don't worry, you'll get there.
- Don't haul heavy stuff when it's raining
- Be prepared for 4 or 5 days of NOT going to town if the road closes
- The person going uphill has the right-of-way
- During the rainy season, please carry a shovel with you and help clear out any culverts where runoff is spilling onto the road
- Please take the time to remove any branches or large rocks that have fallen into the road.
you may want to print this section out and keep it handy. Glove compartment?
CDF - California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
San Mateo-Santa Cruz Unit
Unit Chief John Ferreira
6059 Highway 9
PO Box Drawer F-2
Local CDF Fire Stations
PO Drawer F-2
Paradise Park (Company #38) (Open)
211 Keystone Way
Santa Cruz, CA
To inquire about CDF publications, contact CDF @ (916) 653-5123.